Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] is a process that you may find on your computer that’s related to Heuristic analysis technology that antivirus programs such as Avast Antivirus and Avast Internet Security use to detect new viruses.
To be clear, the Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] process isn’t in itself a virus but rather a process that your antivirus runs to make sure you aren’t getting a virus. This is still true if you’re scanning for malware and getting a false positive relating back to the Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] process.
How to Remove Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] from Windows
1. Visit the Malwarebytes official website and download the tool for your computer by clicking on the “Free Download” link.
(Unlike many other tools out there today that say it’s a free download and then list a bunch of things your PC doesn’t need to be fixed before asking you to pay a hefty fee with your credit card to fix them, Malwarebytes does allow you to download, install, and use the tool free for 14 days. All you need to do is run the tool once to fix the problem you have, and if you want to continue using the tool long term, so it’s scanning your computer periodically, then you can sign up to the premium version.)
2. If you get a web browser warning about files such as these potentially harming your device, click on the “Keep” button to proceed with the download.
(Malwarebytes is a tool trusted by millions of people around the world and will not harm your device. Windows just can’t distinguish all files yet and so you sometimes see a warning such as this one even though the file is trustworthy.)
3. Click on the Malwarebytes executable file once the downloads completes. (If you need to, you can also access it by heading to the Dtart menu > File Explorer > This PC and then opening up the “Downloads” folder.
4. If prompted by User Account Control (UAC) click on the “Yes” button.
5. From the Select Setup Language dialog, click on the drop-down menu to select your language such as “English” and then click on the “OK” button.
6. When it asks where are you installing Malwarebytes, click on either “Personal computer” or “Work computer, depending on which one makes sense for you, and then click on the “Continue” button.
8. Wait a few moments for Malwarebytes to install on the computer.
9. Click on the “Finish” button when you get to the screen where it lets you know that the Malwarebytes installation is complete.
10. A few moments later the Malwarebytes interface will automatically open on the computer for you. Make sure you’ve selected “Dashboard” from the left pane and then click on the “Scan Now” button.
11. Malwarebytes lets you know how the progress of the scan is going while it goes to work. Wait for the scan to complete.
12. From the scan results, make sure all the threats that you want to be removed are checked by clicking on each of the associated checkboxes and then click on the “Quarantine Selected” button.
13. The threats are now held in “quarantine” and are no longer on the computer.
You can now close the Malwarebytes program if you like.
If you ever want to delete Malwarebytes from the computer, you can do that by finding the list of applications and uninstalling it as you would any other app. Should you choose to uninstall Malwarebytes in the future, it will not mean that the computer is infected with the malware again. The malware remains off the computer (unless you were to install it again accidentally).